EICR Codebreakers Book
- A NAPIT publication with guidance on the coding of observations made during EICR inspections
- Fully updated to 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2018)
- New sections with specific advice for clients, for inspectors and on risk assessments
- A must have for every electrician
The NAPIT EICR Codebreakers Book is the only publication written with the sole purpose of aiding clients, inspectors and contractors in understanding highly technical aspects of the 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations, and carry out periodic testing and inspection. It gives advice on the possible coding of a range of situations that can be encountered in an existing electrical installation, in line with BS 7671:2018. The Codebreakers guide also gives guidance and information around risk assessments, inspection frequency and safe isolation procedures in domestic, commercial and industrial environments. With an emphasis on accurate EICRs (Electrical Installation Condition Reports), inspectors should code their findings in an understandable and quantifiable manner. The EICR Codebreakers book helps inspectors to keep their coding in line with industry best practices.
New changes to the NAPIT EICR Codebreakers Book for BS 7671:2018
- Existing codes updated to the new 18th Edition of BS 7671
- Hundreds of new observations and codes added
- New Section: Giving guidance specifically for the Inspector
- New Section: Giving guidance specifically for the Client
- New Section: Specific to Frequencies of inspections and tests
- New Section: How to carry out Risk Assessments, with detailed sample forms
- New information directly tailored for the social housing sector
The NAPIT EICR Codebreakers book has been so well received within the industry that it was nominated as “Trade tool of the year” for the Electrical Industry Awards 2018.