The Aico Ei105C Battery Optical Smoke Alarm operates on the light scatter principle to detect smoke particles entering the optical chamber within the alarm. It’s sensitive to all domestic fire types but is especially sensitive to visible smouldering fires.
Operation of the Ei105C
- The Aico Ei105C Optical Smoke Alarm is supplied with screw fixings and is simple to install.
- The battery removed indicator is a very important safety feature of this smoke alarm. If the battery has been removed a pop up warning flag appears and it is not possible to replace the alarm cover until a new battery has been fitted.
- The alarm is fitted with a ‘Test’ button to facilitate frequent testing of the alarm. The sounder will automatically stop sounding when smoke particles are no longer present in the chamber. this is useful in the case of nuisance alarms from cooking fumes etc.
- When the battery is nearing its end of life, the alarm will emit a short beep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery needs replacing. When the battery is first connected, the alarm may sound for 2 to 3 seconds, this is normal and means that the battery is connected correctly.
- The Ei105C alarm may be hardwired with up to 12 other 9V battery powered alarms provided they have the interconnect feature.
Aico Ei105C Battery Optical Smoke Alarm Features
- Optical Sensor Chamber
- Quick response to visible smouldering fires
- Battery included
- Stand alone – no wiring required
- Battery removed indicator
- Low battery indication
- Built-in sounder – 85db (A) at 3 metres
- Test button
- Kitemarked to BS EN14604:2005
- 5 year guarantee