The Aico Ei100C Linkable Battery Smoke Alarm operates on the principle that electrical current flowing between electrodes in the ionisation chamber is altered when smoke particles enter. The ionisation alarm is sensitive to all domestic fire types but is especially sensitive to fast flaming fires.
Operation of the Ei100C
- The Ei100C Ionisation Smoke Alarm is supplied with screw fixings and is simple to install.
- The battery removed indicator is a very important safety feature of the alarm. If the battery has been removed, a pop up warning flag appears and it is not possible to replace the alarm cover until a new battery has been fitted.
- The alarm is fitted with a ‘Test’ button to facilitate frequent testing of the alarm. The sounder will automatically stop sounding when smoke particles are no longer present in the chamber.
- This is useful in the case of nuisance alarms from cooking fumes etc.
- When the battery is nearing its end of life, the alarm will emit a short beep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery needs replacing.
- The alarm may be hardwire interconnected with up to 12 other 9V battery powered Aico alarms provided they have the interconnect feature.
Aico Ei100C Linkable Battery Smoke Alarm Features
- Ionisation Sensor Chamber
- Quick response for fast flaming fires
- Battery included
- Interconnect up to 12 alarms
- Battery removed indicator
- Low battery indication
- Built-in sounder – 85dB (A) at 3 metres
- Test button
- Kitemarked to BS EN14604:2005
- 5 year guarantee